Friday, June 10, 2016

This Week...in FB and Marijuana

On my Facebook account, I had fun updating with my new website: Visual Studio Productions. I love making art pieces for logos, themes. I believe I did a wonderful job with the abstract art coupled with the Masters. 

I also fought with marijuana proponents. That is always fun. I cannot get enough of poking the bear... I find that a lot of arguments are the same whichever proponent I have a discourse with: it's a plant, it's an herb, it's my right! 

Marijuana proponents do not realize how ridiculous they sound. Don't I have rights? And, poppies are a plant too but we don't hand it out to everyone with a heroin addiction, now do we? No, of course not. 

We as a society have to be smart. In days past and yet again, we have always had gatekeepers: medicine men, shaman, witches, midwives, and other factions that held the ancient knowledge on how to heal with plant medicines. The general population was not the caretakers of this knowledge so saying something is a plant or an herb therefore it should be in the hands of everyone without pause, gives me pause. 

We must remember our history. Our traditions. Our holy people. 

I have witnessed normal people receive their medical marijuana card that in a short time became addicts. I wish it were not true, but it is. Marijuana is a drug and should be regulated as such or we are destined to make the same mistakes as we did in the past. We will usher in an old society full of drug dens and raves associated with addictive substances.

That is how all this crap got outlawed in the first place: humans cannot hold their smoke.

So I wrote an essay about the pros and cons that will be published in the coming months. I still have to put in those citations and quotations. 

The name of the essay is: Marijuana Legalization, Rights of Others, and Solving Health Issues with Nutrition and you can find it in the Nonfiction's Social Constructs section of Undawnted. 

Our Schedule of publication release dates are on the Sonoran Dawn site. 

So let's return to natural medicine without becoming a league of unsupervised teenagers smoking dope and not being productive. 

Let's go back to the age of ancient knowledge and wisdom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment