Sunday, January 24, 2016

Broken, Pretend That It'll Last Until Spring

I was invited to put in two original poems into an anthology. 

So with my recent emotional upheaval, I had been writing a lot, mostly poetry. I submitted my version of Broken. Then there was an older piece I have always wanted out in the world called: Pretend. The latter is an existential poem. Very cerebral and visual. 

Now it is a waiting game. Once the editor receives all the poems she wishes, then I will find out if my poems are accepted. I hope so. Broken is lyrical. I had put Pretend in an online critique forum once and one response literally stated: "that was the best poem I have ever read." 

We'll see. 

Lately I have been down and out. No energy. No gumption. Nothing. 

I figured my low energy was directly related to my illnesses, infections, and the death of my friend with cancer. 2016 has not been a great start. When an opportunity comes my way, I try and jump on it. Something has got to reverse my present spiral. 

What is nice is that spring seems to be edging its way into the desert. That is motivation. Warm temperatures in the afternoons and then snuggle with the kitties in the evenings. 

Now we are talking. You can keep the snow. Been there, done that... I live in the desert now and forever.

Have a great and wonderful day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment